DALLAS (AP) – Interstate-30 in Dallas is closed in one direction after a wreck involving an 18-wheeler truck spilled diesel fuel on the highway.
The Dallas County Sheriff’s Office said that the 18-wheeler struck a Kia and then hit a traffic barrier, rupturing its fuel tank and causing a major spill.
Westbound traffic is shut down on Interstate-30 at Sylvan Avenue, just west of downtown.
Authorities said that the shutdown could last several hours as hazardous materials crews try to clear the scene.
The driver and the two passengers of the Kia suffered minor injuries.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Gatorade Is Going Sugarless For The First Time In History
- FDA Backs Off ‘Added Sugar’ Label For Maple Syrup & Honey
- Starbucks To Accelerate U.S. Store Closings Next Year
- Disney Increases Its Bid For Fox To More Than $70 Billion
- Youngest Migrants Crossing The Border Held In ‘Tender Age’ Shelters
- Cowboys Fan Attacked, Beaten After Thanksgiving Day Game
- Texas Gov. Perry Signs “Merry Christmas” Bill
- Icy Weather Cancels Flights At DFW Airport
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures