Wreck Snarls Traffic Near Downtown Dallas
Get Breaking News First
DALLAS (AP) - Interstate-30 in Dallas is closed in one direction after a wreck involving an 18-wheeler truck spilled diesel fuel on the highway.
The Dallas County Sheriff’s Office said that the 18-wheeler struck a Kia and then hit a traffic barrier, rupturing its fuel tank and causing a major spill.
Westbound traffic is shut down on Interstate-30 at Sylvan Avenue, just west of downtown.
Authorities said that the shutdown could last several hours as hazardous materials crews try to clear the scene.
The driver and the two passengers of the Kia suffered minor injuries.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dallas Cowboys Injury Report: Linebackers Back to Full Strength
- Cowboys Surviving Without Sacks, But Can It Last?
- Baptist Church Youth Leader Arrested For Indecent Exposure
- TCU Showing Pride For Former Ebola Patient Nina Pham
- Prayers Answered By Nurse Nina Pham’s Return To Texas
- Cowboys Fan Attacked, Beaten After Thanksgiving Day Game
- Texas Gov. Perry Signs “Merry Christmas” Bill
- Icy Weather Cancels Flights At DFW Airport
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures