FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – Tarrant County Fire units and volunteer fire departments in Fort Worth and Azle quickly responded to the scene of a home explosion.
Crews were called to the home in the 6500 block of Appian Way, near Jacksboro Highway, around 4:30 p.m. Tuesday, after calls of a reported house fire.
As fire units were arriving, an explosion apparently leveled the home.
Two people resided on the property, the owner lived in the main house and a man rented the garage apartment behind the house. Neither were home at the time of the blast.
Windows and pieces of the home were blown across the street. pic.twitter.com/t3fn2CVXea
— The Azle News (@TheAzleNews) December 17, 2013
From Chopper 11, you can see fire trucks and ambulances lined along the street and firefighters putting out hot spots where the house once stood.
Neighbors called 911 to report an earthquake, which have become common in that area. However, what they felt was the explosion.
The Tarrant County Fire Marshal is saying the explosion may have been caused by a gas leak.
The homeowner had several dogs and cats. So far, two of her dogs have been found alive, one was found dead in the home.
This is a developing story.
- Oak Lawn Community On Edge After Deaths Of 2 Transgender Women, Robberies
- Official: Woman Missing At Lake Ray Hubbard After Going Into Water
- Teacher Who Stopped School Shooter Released From Hospital
- American Jailed In Venezuela For 2 Years Arrives In US
- Choo New Top HR Hitter From Asia, Lifts Texas Over KC In 10
- Cowboys Fan Attacked, Beaten After Thanksgiving Day Game
- Texas Gov. Perry Signs “Merry Christmas” Bill
- Icy Weather Cancels Flights At DFW Airport
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures