Balch Springs Murder Suspect Lived With Victim
BALCH SPRINGS (KRLD) – Balch Springs Police say that a woman has been killed in her house and the man suspected of killing her had been living with her.
Police responded to the house in the 14300 block of Cimarron Drive after someone called 9-1-1 to say they thought there was a body in the house. When officers arrived, they say the suspect opened the door and confirmed there was a body in the home.
Neighbors say they had been worried about the woman living in the home because she had become reclusive in the past year.
“The guy I guess was pretty much intimidating her and keeping her in the house. She very rarely came out. She was a big walker. She walked around the neighborhood a lot. She was a real nice lady,” said one neighbor.
Neighbors also told KRLD’s Emily Trube there was a significant age difference between the suspect and the victim and concerns she was being abused by the suspect, who moved in a couple years ago.
Police say the victim’s body showed signs of trauma and looked to have been there several hours. The medical examiner will determine cause of death.
Police have not released the identity of the suspect or the victim at this time and have questioned the suspect.
Police have scheduled a news conference for Wednesday morning to release more details about this case.
- Arlington Contractor Costs City of Fort Worth Time And Money
- Bees Emerge From Pipe, Sting Farmer To Death
- Possible Plea Deal In Dallas County Corruption Case
- Video Calls Officer’s Treatment Of Black Citizens Into Question
- More Angst For Euless Apartment Residents
- Cowboys Fan Attacked, Beaten After Thanksgiving Day Game
- Texas Gov. Perry Signs “Merry Christmas” Bill
- Icy Weather Cancels Flights At DFW Airport
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures