BALCH SPRINGS (KRLD) – Balch Springs Police say that a woman has been killed in her house and the man suspected of killing her had been living with her.
Police responded to the house in the 14300 block of Cimarron Drive after someone called 9-1-1 to say they thought there was a body in the house. When officers arrived, they say the suspect opened the door and confirmed there was a body in the home.
Neighbors say they had been worried about the woman living in the home because she had become reclusive in the past year.
“The guy I guess was pretty much intimidating her and keeping her in the house. She very rarely came out. She was a big walker. She walked around the neighborhood a lot. She was a real nice lady,” said one neighbor.
Neighbors also told KRLD’s Emily Trube there was a significant age difference between the suspect and the victim and concerns she was being abused by the suspect, who moved in a couple years ago.
Police say the victim’s body showed signs of trauma and looked to have been there several hours. The medical examiner will determine cause of death.
Police have not released the identity of the suspect or the victim at this time and have questioned the suspect.
Police have scheduled a news conference for Wednesday morning to release more details about this case.
- Pop Stars And Fast Cars: Taylor Swift Plays Formula One
- Child Dies In Washington Fire; His Dog Found Huddled At His Side
- Texas Woman Sentenced To Life For Sexually Abusing Children
- Kansas State Holds On For 24-21 Victory Over Texas
- Good Samaritan Helps Dallas Police Catch Burglar
- Cowboys Fan Attacked, Beaten After Thanksgiving Day Game
- Texas Gov. Perry Signs “Merry Christmas” Bill
- Icy Weather Cancels Flights At DFW Airport
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures