Terrell ISD Schools Placed On Precautionary Lockdown
TERRELL (CBSDFW.COM) – All schools in the Terrell Independent School District have been placed on lockdown as police attempt to make contact with an ‘agitated’ individual.
The district says the move is precautionary on its Facebook page.
“The District received information that an alleged agitated individual may be headed to the Terrell area; therefore, the District has chosen to move into secure procedures. At this time, TISD is working closely with local law enforcement authorities. Once again, this is a precautionary measure and no incident has occurred. All students and staff are safe.”
Rachel Frost with Terrell ISD says the schools have been placed on exterior lockdown, which means the outside doors of the campus are locked, but students are allowed to move freely inside the building.
Any parent that would like to sign their child out of school is allowed to do so.
Law enforcement agencies are attempting to confirm the whereabouts of the alleged individual in question, but the district will remain in external lockdown until instructed otherwise.
“Until then, all bus riders, student walkers, and students who drive to and from school will be held at school.”
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Man Dies In SUV Fire Behind NRH Walmart
- Twitter Lets Merchants Offer Deals To Users
- Things That Apple’s $700 Billion Value Could Buy
- Ferguson Protesters Block Highway In Dallas
- McCoy Not Surprised By Murray’s Rushing
- Cowboys Fan Attacked, Beaten After Thanksgiving Day Game
- Texas Gov. Perry Signs “Merry Christmas” Bill
- Icy Weather Cancels Flights At DFW Airport
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures