Home Owner “Didn’t Notice Anything” Before Explosion

Steve Pickett Steve Pickett
Steve is an Emmy Award winning journalist. He has been recogn...
Read More

From Our CBS Music Web Sites

453641528 10 Home Owner Didnt Notice Anything Before ExplosionAdorbale Baby Animals To Put A Smile On Your Face

150725619 10 Home Owner Didnt Notice Anything Before ExplosionHot Models In Glasses

 alt=Musicians Then And Now II

452359780 10 Home Owner Didnt Notice Anything Before ExplosionMissing Summer?

87222728 Home Owner Didnt Notice Anything Before Explosion8 Reasons to Have A Good Love Life

sx Home Owner Didnt Notice Anything Before Explosion Victoria's Secret Fashion Show

FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – A Fort Worth woman is thankful to be alive, but still clueless about what caused her home to be blown to bits.

The explosion happened Tuesday afternoon in the home once owned by Barbara Pickard’s grandfather. Pickard and the man who rents a room above the garage were not home at the time of the explosion, though Pickard says she should have been.

“I’m truly blessed. An angel was on my shoulder. Outside a couple of hours, I might’ve been here,” she said.

Pickard said she went shopping after she left work on Tuesday. When no one could find her, they worried she was inside the home at the time of the explosion.

“There were some tense moments, because no one knew if anyone was in there or not,” said Pickard’s neighbor, Bobby Cure.

Three of Pickard’s four dogs were also out of the home at the time of the explosion. The fourth dog died inside.

Tarrant County’s Fire Marshal has pointed toward a gas leak as the fuel behind the explosion. Railroad Commission investigators, responsible for gas line reviews, have also visited the scene.

“I didn’t smell anything, notice anything, nothing out of the ordinary for me, and I’ve been on this hill since ‘94.”

Pickard had no advance warning of the explosion and didn’t know her home had been leveled until she turned onto her street Tuesday night.

“It’s the most horrific thing you can come up on and see,” she said.

On Wednesday, she returned to the hill where her home of almost 20 years once stood, clutching a photo of what it looked like more than two decades ago.

“I’m so thankful to be alive when I look at this. I’m so thankful no one around me (was) hurt, and amazed so many (are) asking about me.”

Latest News:

Top Trending: