7.9 Million Texans To Travel Over Holidays
IRVING (AP) – AAA Texas has predicted 7.9 million people statewide will be traveling during the upcoming 12-day holiday period.
The industry group on Wednesday offered the holiday travel projection for the period starting Saturday and running through Jan. 1. AAA says the number represents a 1.3 percent increase over people who traveled 50 miles or more during the comparable period last year.
Association officials say most people — about 7.3 million — are expected to travel by automobile. Texans are expected to log an average of 943 miles round trip.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dyson-Tolleson Discussion
- Get Buzzed Or Make Gains With New Protein Beer
- 39 Undocumented Immigrants Found In Back Of Big Rig
- Irving Releases Threatening Emails
- Richardson Homeowners Oppose School District’s Bus Barn Plan
- Cowboys Fan Attacked, Beaten After Thanksgiving Day Game
- Texas Gov. Perry Signs “Merry Christmas” Bill
- Icy Weather Cancels Flights At DFW Airport
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures