Emmitt Smith Discusses The Cowboys Running Game
Cowboys CentralShop for Cowboys Gear
Buy Cowboys Tickets
Sports Fan Insider
Hall of Famer Emmitt Smith jumped in studio with the G-Bag Nation on Wednesday to talk about his Cowboys.
Central to the conversation was the Cowboys running game — or lack of it in Sunday’s loss to the Packers. After averaging over 8 yards per carry in the first half, running back DeMarco Murray had just seven carries in the second half as the Dallas lead disappeared.
“At some point — even back in the day — the clock is your friend. When you have the lead, the clock is your friend. It’s the other team’s enemy,” said Emmitt. “My motto is, you run it until they stop it.”
As important as the running game was to the offense, it was equally important to protecting a vulnerable defense, according to Smith.
So did a similar situation ever occur when Smith was the Cowboys running back?
“I don’t recall it ever happening, but to be honest, I would be extremely disappointed — just like DeMarco is disappointed,” said Emmitt. “At the end of the day, some things make sense and some things don’t make sense. It’s pretty obvious what made sense on Sunday.”
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Browns WR Gordon Suspended For 2014 Season
- Top 8 Oddest Jerry Jones Quotes
- TCU Gets $30 Million For Business School
- 2nd Chikungunya Case In Dallas County
- McKinney Dowell Middle School Evacuated Over Gas Leak
- Cowboys Fan Attacked, Beaten After Thanksgiving Day Game
- Texas Gov. Perry Signs “Merry Christmas” Bill
- Icy Weather Cancels Flights At DFW Airport
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures