TCU Adds Former Texas Tech QB Cumbie As Co-Offensive Coordinator
FORT WORTH (AP) – Texas Christian University has hired Texas Tech assistant coach Sonny Cumbie as the Horned Frogs’ co-offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach.
The move was announced Wednesday.
Cumbie, a former Red Raiders quarterback, will be co-offensive coordinator with Doug Meacham, the Houston co-offensive coordinator and quarterbacks hired last week by TCU coach Gary Patterson.
Cumbie, a Red Raiders assistant coach the past four seasons, was Tech’s starter as a fifth-year senior in 2004, when threw for 4,742 yards and 32 touchdowns. He had 441 yards and four touchdowns in a 70-35 win over TCU.
Jarrett Anderson and Rusty Burns were co-offensive coordinators for TCU this season, when the Frogs went 4-8. Both have been offered other positions on the TCU staff after Anderson coached running backs and Burns was in charge of quarterbacks.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dez Bryant Apologizes For Walking Off Field
- Cowboys Fan Attacked, Beaten After Thanksgiving Day Game
- Texas Gov. Perry Signs “Merry Christmas” Bill
- Icy Weather Cancels Flights At DFW Airport
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures