Texas Homeowner Finds Human Skull In Yard
SANTA FE, Texas (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — Authorities are investigating after a Texas homeowner found a skull in his yard.
The skull was found Wednesday at the home on the outskirts of Santa Fe, in the southeast part of the state about 35 miles from Houston.
Capt. Barry Cook of the Galveston County Sheriff’s Office says the skull from a man appeared to have been in the elements “for quite some time.” He says it’s missing the lower jawbone and all of the upper teeth. Cook says the skull doesn’t appear to show any signs of trauma.
He says they think an animal might have picked it up from an area where land was recently cleared and then dropped it off in the yard.
A cadaver dog was sent to the area Thursday and investigators expect to return next week.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Dez Bryant Apologizes For Walking Off Field
- Cowboys Fan Attacked, Beaten After Thanksgiving Day Game
- Texas Gov. Perry Signs “Merry Christmas” Bill
- Icy Weather Cancels Flights At DFW Airport
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures