Toys-R-Us ‘Grinch’ Arrested After Attempted Toy Theft
ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM) – Arlington Police have arrested a 47-year-old man who attempted to steal $600 worth of toys from a Toys-R-Us store on Saturday.
According to police, Keithen O’Neal Johnson took the toys from the store on South Cooper Street and fled from store employees.
Johnson fled on foot and tried to hide in a dumpster, but was ultimately captured by Arlington officers.
“We wish this person would have made a better choice this season and joined our Santa Cops program to obtain free toys for whoever these gifts were intended for,” said Arlington Police on its Facebook page.
Johnson is being held on $1,500 bail.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Dez Bryant Apologizes For Walking Off Field
- Cowboys Fan Attacked, Beaten After Thanksgiving Day Game
- Texas Gov. Perry Signs “Merry Christmas” Bill
- Icy Weather Cancels Flights At DFW Airport
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures