Baylor To Return More Than 5K Unsold Fiesta Bowl Tickets
December 22, 2013 4:27 PM
WACO (AP) – Baylor will return more than 5,000 unsold Fiesta Bowl tickets from its 17,500-ticket allotment for next month’s game with Central Florida.
Baylor athletic officials told the Waco Tribune-Herald that the deadline was Friday to sell the allotted tickets as the No. 6 Bears prepare for No. 15 UCF.
The Fiesta Bowl is Jan. 1 in Glendale, Ariz. University of Phoenix Stadium seats 73,000.
Associate athletic director Nick Joos says the school in Waco kept about 1,000 tickets and those will be available starting Monday online and at the Bears’ ticket office.
Baylor, which had to pay for all 17,500 tickets upfront, has sold about 11,000 tickets and will keep others for last-minute buyers. Joos says tickets returned to Fiesta Bowl organizers will probably be distributed to charities.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dez Bryant Apologizes For Walking Off Field
- Cowboys Fan Attacked, Beaten After Thanksgiving Day Game
- Texas Gov. Perry Signs “Merry Christmas” Bill
- Icy Weather Cancels Flights At DFW Airport
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures