Bison Fans Ready To Invade Frisco For Football Game
Sports Fan Insider
FARGO, N.D. (AP) - North Dakota State football fans are making plans to take over the Texas town of Frisco – again.
The Bison will be aiming for their third straight Football Championship Subdivision title in the Jan. 4 game against Towson at Toyota Stadium. NDSU officials say there have been 6,000 requests for the 4,000 tickets that have been made available.
The school has scheduled a pep fest Friday at a 10,000-seat baseball stadium.
Entertainment at this year’s pep fest will be provided by 32 Below, a Fargo-based country rock band. Drummer Luke Nygaard says the band members are huge Bison fans and are happy the booking includes tickets to the game.
Two years ago, a hotel that sponsored the NDSU pep rally was surprised by the crowd and ran out of beer.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dez Bryant Apologizes For Walking Off Field
- Cowboys Fan Attacked, Beaten After Thanksgiving Day Game
- Texas Gov. Perry Signs “Merry Christmas” Bill
- Icy Weather Cancels Flights At DFW Airport
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures