HOUSTON (AP) – Relatives of a demolition worker who died after a four-story fall at Texas A&M’s under-renovation football stadium have sued a construction company.
The family of 28-year-old Angel Garcia filed the negligence lawsuit Monday in Houston against J.T. Vaughn Construction, LLC of Houston and several associated firms.
A&M officials have said Garcia was working for Lindamood Demolition of Irving when the accident happened Dec. 3. Family attorney Jason Gibson says the lawsuit was filed on behalf of Garcia’s mother, Josefina Garcia, and his children, ages 6 and 7. The lawsuit seeks unspecified damages.
A spokesman for Vaughn Construction hadn’t seen the lawsuit and declined comment. A representative for Lindamood, which is also a defendant, referred a request for comment to a university system spokesman, who didn’t immediately return calls for comment.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dez Bryant Apologizes For Walking Off Field
- Cowboys Fan Attacked, Beaten After Thanksgiving Day Game
- Texas Gov. Perry Signs “Merry Christmas” Bill
- Icy Weather Cancels Flights At DFW Airport
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures