OKLAHOMA CITY (CBSDFW.COM/AP) – Oklahoma City police say a man who was shot and killed during the weekend was wanted for questioning in Texas about the 2007 shooting death of a woman in North Richland Hills.
Police say 36-year-old Willie Boley was shot Sunday during a fight with his girlfriend in northeast Oklahoma City. Police declined to discuss details of the shooting – but say the woman has not been arrested and her name was not released.
Boley was wanted as a “person of interest” in the 2007 shooting death of 67-year-old Marianne Wilkinson.
Wilkinson and her husband were together in their North Richland Hills home the night of December 9, 2007. She was shot when she answered the door.
Six years later, police have not determined a possible motive for the shooting. Authorities in Texas believe Boley was hired to kill another woman – but went to the wrong house and shot Wilkinson by mistake.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Dez Bryant Apologizes For Walking Off Field
- Cowboys Fan Attacked, Beaten After Thanksgiving Day Game
- Texas Gov. Perry Signs “Merry Christmas” Bill
- Icy Weather Cancels Flights At DFW Airport
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures