An FAQ Guide To MeTV DFW
I am just overwhelmed with the warm reception you have given MeTV on KTXA 21.2. I have been in television since 1978 and I cannot recall at any time since then when our audience was so happy with the programming we offer to them.
With that said, since we launched the service on Monday, December 23, there are a few things that we need to communicate to you about having the best MeTV experience, so here it goes:
1. MeTV is available only over the air. You can use an existing digital set with an antenna or you may use an older analog set with a converter box and antenna. The converter boxes and antennas may be purchased at many electronics stores in the area.
2. You will need to rescan your channel alignment as well to add MeTv 21.2. Your TV set manual includes instructions on how to do this, but if you need help, you can email us and we will assist you.
3. You will need to make sure that your antenna is pointed toward our antenna in Cedar Hill, TX which is in the SW portion of Dallas County.
4. We recommend strongly that you not place your antenna in your attic, as that will affect your ability to pick up the signal. Many homes have steel roofs (even though they don’t appear that way) and that will impact reception. Either position it outside at the highest location possible or inside.
5. Due to existing syndicated programming agreements with other television stations in our area, there may from time to time be programming seen on MeTV nationally but not here in the DFW area. Three shows that are affected by this right now are Perry Mason, Hawaii 5-0, and I Love Lucy. But by next week these shows should be available here. You will notice that some MeTV promotional spots will say “available in most areas” and that is due to these pre-existing local rights.
6. Until such time we are able to add the MeTV schedule on our website, CBSDFW.com, drop us an email and we will send you one or you can go to http://www.metvnetwork.com and download the national schedule, which we for the most part follow. We are also transmitting PSIP information on MeTV, so if you are watching you can see the schedule on your TV set.
7. Any questions? Please let us know.
I hope that each and everyone of you are having a great holiday. See you next time.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Dez Bryant Apologizes For Walking Off Field
- Cowboys Fan Attacked, Beaten After Thanksgiving Day Game
- Texas Gov. Perry Signs “Merry Christmas” Bill
- Icy Weather Cancels Flights At DFW Airport
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures