ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM) — A woman was killed late Christmas night while trying to cross train tracks near the Arlington-Grand Prairie line.
The incident occurred just before midnight at Division Street and Great Southwest Parkway. According to police, the train was traveling roughly 50 mph.
Authorities say — although the crossing arm was down — the woman went under it, tried to cross the tracks, and was hit by the train.
Police kept Division Street closed for several hours during the investigation, but the road was re-opened about 3 a.m.
The identity of the woman has not yet been released.
Authorities are working to determine what caused the female to attempt the crossing. It is unclear if alcohol or drugs played a role in the woman’s actions.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Dez Bryant Apologizes For Walking Off Field
- Cowboys Fan Attacked, Beaten After Thanksgiving Day Game
- Texas Gov. Perry Signs “Merry Christmas” Bill
- Icy Weather Cancels Flights At DFW Airport
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures