FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – An off-duty Texas game warden is recovering from a gunshot wound he suffered while hunting Sunday evening.
Chris Fried, 31, was bow hunting on Cooper Wildlife Management Area in Delta County. Fried was shot in the upper right arm and the bullet lodged in his chest. He is in stable condition in Parkland Hospital’s intensive care unit.
Fried was shot around 7 p.m. Sunday and was able to use his cell phone to call for help.
The 14,160 acre area where Fried was hunting is restricted to archery-only whitetail deer hunting. All hunters using the area must have a TPWD annual public hunting permit. TPWD is investigating the incident.
Fried is based in Delta County and has been a game warden since June 2009.
- Dez Bryant Apologizes For Walking Off Field
- Cowboys Fan Attacked After Thanksgiving Day Game
- Texas Gov. Perry Signs “Merry Christmas” Bill
- Blind Woman Injured After Falling Into Manhole
- Baby Found Covered In Cockroaches, Crossing Street
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures