Authorities: Texas Man Had Pot As Christmas Gifts In Car
EL PASO, Texas (AP) - Sheriff’s deputies in West Texas say they’ve arrested a man who was carrying 145 pounds of marijuana wrapped as Christmas presents.
Gabriel Mendiola was arrested Thursday in Socorro, southeast of El Paso, on charges of possession of marijuana and evading detention.
The El Paso County Sheriff’s Office says that two weeks ago, the 24-year-old Mendiola was flagged at a traffic stop in El Paso and fled when deputies went to check for any outstanding warrants. Deputies would search his car and find several boxes wrapped like Christmas gifts. The boxes had several bundles of marijuana inside.
Mendiola was released on bond on Saturday. Records do not show contact information for Mendiola or his attorney, and a phone number for Mendiola was not listed.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dez Bryant Apologizes For Walking Off Field
- Cowboys Fan Attacked After Thanksgiving Day Game
- Texas Gov. Perry Signs “Merry Christmas” Bill
- Blind Woman Injured After Falling Into Manhole
- Baby Found Covered In Cockroaches, Crossing Street
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures