As we wrap up 2013, we end with below average rainfall, AGAIN!
This will be the fourth year in a row where rainfall has been below average.
Average yearly rainfall for DFW is 36.14″.
Here’s a look at rainfall the past 5 years:
2013 – 29.40″
2012 – 31.26
2011 – 25.88″
2010 – 31.70″
2009 – 40.89″
The three-year period of 2011 thru 2013 is the driest 3 year period since 1986 thru 1988. Over the past 3 years we are behind on rainfall by nearly 22 inches.
OTHER CLIMATE POSTS:
- UPS Calls In 2,600 Extra Workers After Holiday Delivery Delays
- Tony Romo’s Injury Might Cost Dallas Cowboys Coaching Staff Their Jobs
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- Deceased Teen Suspect Identified
- Victim Identified In Fatal Fort Worth Office Stabbing
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures