CBS 11 Header TXA 21 Header MeTV Header KRLD Header The Fan Header


SWAT Standoff With Fatal Stabbing Suspect Ends In Fort Worth

View Comments
(credit: Mireya Villareal/KTVT)

(credit: Mireya Villareal/KTVT)

(credit: KTVT/KTXA) Mireya Villarreal
A native Texan, Mireya was born and raised in the Rio Grande Valley....
Read More

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up

From Our CBS Music Web Sites

kluvs super 70s weekend voting 1979 dl SWAT Standoff With Fatal Stabbing Suspect Ends In Fort WorthPick The Best Song From 1979

115245513 8 SWAT Standoff With Fatal Stabbing Suspect Ends In Fort WorthCrush Of The Day: Mila Kunis

80219448 SWAT Standoff With Fatal Stabbing Suspect Ends In Fort WorthViral Video: Hilarious Southwest Safety Announcement

155742164 SWAT Standoff With Fatal Stabbing Suspect Ends In Fort WorthPick Your Favorite Victoria Secret Model

Featured Items

Fantasy_tileHottest Olympians

pet_tileYour Pet Photos

weather_tileSend Us Your Weather Photos

FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) - Nearly six hours after it began, a police standoff with a murder suspect has come to an end in a north Fort Worth neighborhood.

Police say John St. Angelo, the prime suspect in Monday’s deadly stabbing at a nearby real estate office, holed himself up in a home in the 6900 block of Permian lane, near I-35 West and Basswood Boulevard around 11 a.m.  St. Angelo surrendered to police shortly before 5 p.m. and was transported to JPS Hospital with several self-inflicted gunshot wounds.  St. Angelo is the estranged husband of Suzanne Parsons, who worked and was killed at a Remax office in North Fort Worth on Monday evening, just a few miles from the standoff location.

During the tense standoff, St. Angelo fired shots at officers on more than one occasion and they responded by throwing gas bombs inside the home.  At one point, he fired shots at officers through the window before barricading himself in an upstairs room.  Dozens of Fort Worth SWAT officers, the department’s mobile command post and a bearcat, which allows police to ram into a home or act as a shield, were all on the scene.

CBS 11 obtained court documents which show Parsons and St. Angelo were in the middle of a bitter divorce, which started eight months ago.  Parsons took out a protective order against her estranged husband claiming there had been several incidents where St. Angelo had physically abused her and threatened her.

(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

Top Trending:

View Comments