Longhorns Interested In Louisville’s Strong?
AUSTIN (CBS SPORTS) – The Texas coaching search, as expected, is heating up. And most of the current heat seems to be focused on Louisville coach Charlie Strong.
Yahoo Sports! reported Tuesday that the Longhorns “have inquired” about Strong, who has gone 37-15 in four seasons with the Cardinals and is fresh off a 36-9 blowout of Miami in the Russell Athletic Bowl.
As of early Tuesday morning, Strong had not interviewed with Texas, according to a Louisville source, reports Dennis Dodd with CBS Sports. Texas athletic director Steve Patterson reached out to Louisville AD Tom Jurich on Tuesday, according to that source, but the two did not speak directly and Texas did not obtain formal permission to speak to Strong, Dodd reported.
- UPS Calls In 2,600 Extra Workers After Holiday Delivery Delays
- Tony Romo’s Injury Might Cost Dallas Cowboys Coaching Staff Their Jobs
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- Deceased Teen Suspect Identified
- Victim Identified In Fatal Fort Worth Office Stabbing
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures