LUBBOCK (CBSDFW.COM/AP) – Aaryn Ellenberg scored 17 points to lead No. 25 Oklahoma over Texas Tech 68-38 on Thursday.
Oklahoma (10-4, 1-0 Big 12) got 12 points from Nicole Griffin and 11 points from Morgan Hook. The Sooners shot 62 percent from the floor, including 5 of 7 from beyond the arc. They also went 11 of 13 from the free throw line.
Texas Tech (6-6, 0-1) was led by Amber Battle with 11 points and six rebounds. The Lady Raiders shot 23 percent and was just 5 of 31 (16 percent) on 3-pointers.
Oklahoma only led by eight at the break, but went on a 9-0 run at the start of the second — including a 3-pointer and layup by Ellenberg — to take control. A 14-0 run late in the game completed the blowout.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- UPS Calls In 2,600 Extra Workers After Holiday Delivery Delays
- Tony Romo’s Injury Might Cost Dallas Cowboys Coaching Staff Their Jobs
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- Deceased Teen Suspect Identified
- Victim Identified In Fatal Fort Worth Office Stabbing
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures