Scott Edges Woods For GWAA Player Of Year
KAPALUA, Hawaii (AP) — Adam Scott narrowly beat out Tiger Woods as player of the year in voting by the Golf Writers Association of America.
The GWAA takes into account more than just the PGA Tour. Scott won four times, including the Masters, and joined Jason Day in winning the World Cup for Australia. Out of 218 votes cast, Scott won the honor by five votes.
Woods won five times on the PGA Tour, but no majors. He also won the money title and Vardon Trophy for lowest scoring average. Woods previously won player of the year by the PGA Tour and the PGA of America.
Scott also won The Barclays, the Australian PGA and the Australian Masters.
Inbee Park and Kenny Perry were runaway winners for female and senior players of the year.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- UPS Calls In 2,600 Extra Workers After Holiday Delivery Delays
- Tony Romo’s Injury Might Cost Dallas Cowboys Coaching Staff Their Jobs
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- Deceased Teen Suspect Identified
- Victim Identified In Fatal Fort Worth Office Stabbing
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures