Arlington Set For College Football Spotlight
Sports Fan Insider
ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM) - College football will take center stage in North Texas on Friday night, as the Cotton Bowl comes to AT&T Stadium in Arlington. But bigger things are already in the works for the DFW area.
Friday will see the Missouri Tigers and the Oklahoma State Cowboys — two top 15 teams — duking it out on the gridiron. It is the SEC versus the Big 12. Both squads have been in North Texas this past week going through workouts and the pre-game hype that goes with a big BCS matchup.
The Cotton Bowl game is already sold out.
But an even bigger college football event is coming to AT&T Stadium in about a year. Arlington was awarded the sport’s first national championship game. The four-team playoff to decide a champion will begin in 2014 and end on January 12, 2015 at AT&T Stadium in Arlington.
- UPS Calls In 2,600 Extra Workers After Holiday Delivery Delays
- Tony Romo’s Injury Might Cost Dallas Cowboys Coaching Staff Their Jobs
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- Deceased Teen Suspect Identified
- Victim Identified In Fatal Fort Worth Office Stabbing
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures