DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM/AP) – SMU hosts No. 17 Connecticut this weekend in a renovated basketball arena that for the first time will offer beer for sale.
The Dallas Morning News reports beer sales begin Saturday at Moody Coliseum at the first sporting event since the venue’s $47 million upgrade. SMU announced its decision to sell beer there last fall. Before the policy change, alcoholic beverages were available only in private suites and clubs at the campus’s football stadium.
Officials with the university say it will sell beer at men’s basketball games and occasional concerts. SMU students age 21 and over will be limited to three beers per game, with stubs on a wristband used to confirm purchases.
Athletics spokesman Brad Sutton says SMU will monitor beer sales and decide whether to expand the offering to Ford Stadium during football season or to other sports events at Moody Coliseum. Alcohol is already permitted in the football stadium’s luxury suites.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- UPS Calls In 2,600 Extra Workers After Holiday Delivery Delays
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- Deceased Teen Suspect Identified
- Victim Identified In Fatal Fort Worth Office Stabbing
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures