Dallas Abortion Clinic Receives Doctor’s Privileges
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — Court documents show that doctors at the Abortion Advantage clinic in Dallas recently have received hospital admitting privileges allowing them to continue providing abortions.
The San Antonio Express-News reports that doctors at Whole Woman’s Health in San Antonio also received the credentials.
Whole Woman’s Health CEO Amy Hagstrom Miller said now that four doctors at the San Antonio clinic have admitting privileges, business should return to normal. She said they still plan to close their McAllen clinic.
Last year, a federal appeals court allowed most of Texas’ new abortion restrictions to take effect during a legal challenge.
The law that the Legislature passed in July also bans abortions at 20 weeks and, beginning in September, requires doctors to perform all abortions in surgical facilities.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- UPS Calls In 2,600 Extra Workers After Holiday Delivery Delays
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- Deceased Teen Suspect Identified
- Victim Identified In Fatal Fort Worth Office Stabbing
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures