Man Killed In Fort Worth Apartment Fire
Get Breaking News First
FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) - One person died late Thursday night in an apartment fire in east Fort Worth. Fire investigators were on the scene early Friday morning and have now wrapped up their case.
The incident happened just after 11:00 p.m. at the Springbrook Apartments, located along Normandy Road. Emergency crews arrived quickly and pulled the male victim out of the building. Workers performed CPR on the man and rushed him to JPS Hospital, where he ultimately died.
The situation was first treated as a crime scene until fire investigators and police officials could figure out exactly how the blaze began. It has been determined that food was left cooking on a stove in the man’s first-floor apartment unit. Authorities have ruled the fire an accident. It is unclear if the man’s smoke detectors were working.
The Tarrant County Medical Examiner will now determine the man’s actual cause of death. His name has not yet been released.
- UPS Calls In 2,600 Extra Workers After Holiday Delivery Delays
- Tony Romo’s Injury Might Cost Dallas Cowboys Coaching Staff Their Jobs
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- Deceased Teen Suspect Identified
- Victim Identified In Fatal Fort Worth Office Stabbing
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures