GARLAND (CBSDFW/AP) – Two people have been killed after their motorcycle collided with a vehicle that pulled in front of it on New Years day.
Garland police say 54-year-old Ronald Hawley and his wife, 60-year-old Deborah Hawley, died Thursday at a hospital from injuries suffered the day before. Police say the Hawleys, who lived in Garland, were not wearing helmets when they were thrown into the roadway.
A Mercury Sable was exiting a grocery store parking lot Wednesday afternoon when it pulled in front of the motorcycle. Police say the driver’s view was obscured by another vehicle that was pulling into the parking lot.
The driver of the Sable has not been identified and authorities say the investigation is continuing.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- UPS Calls In 2,600 Extra Workers After Holiday Delivery Delays
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- Deceased Teen Suspect Identified
- Victim Identified In Fatal Fort Worth Office Stabbing
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures