OSU Women Beat Texas 67-61
STILLWATER, Okla. (AP) - Tiffany Bias scored 23 points and had six assists as No. 11 Oklahoma State beat Texas 67-61 in the Big 12 opener for both teams Thursday night.
Brady Sanders pulled Texas (9-4) within 61-55 with 1:03 remaining but Oklahoma State went 6 of 6 from the free-throw line, including four by Bias, in the final 51 seconds to hold off the Longhorns.
The Cowgirls (12-0) are off to the best start in school history after winning 11 straight to start last season.
Oklahoma State came into the game as the national leader in field-goal percentage defense (30.4) and was second in 3-point field-goal percentage (21.1). Texas made 23 of 60 (38.3 percent) from the floor and 2 of 18 (11.1 percent) from 3-point range while committing 17 turnovers.
Liz Donohoe scored 17 points and grabbed 10 rebounds, moving into 14th place on the OSU all-time rebounding list.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- UPS Calls In 2,600 Extra Workers After Holiday Delivery Delays
- Tony Romo’s Injury Might Cost Dallas Cowboys Coaching Staff Their Jobs
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- Deceased Teen Suspect Identified
- Victim Identified In Fatal Fort Worth Office Stabbing
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures