DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) — Are the Dallas Cowboys justified in being labeled ‘America’s Team’? A recent poll asked voters across party lines the question — and the results are overwhelming.
A recent poll by PPP finds that just 23-percent of individuals believe the Cowboys deserve the label, with 60-percent objecting. The result are consistent across party lines, with 63-percent of independents, 61-percent of Republicans, and 57-percent of Democrats saying they don’t consider the Cowboys to be ‘America’s Team’.
The Cowboys were overwhelmingly voted America’s least favorite team, garnering 23-percent of the vote. The Bears finished a distant second at 9-percect, with the Broncos (8%), Steelers (6%), and Giants (5%) rounding out the top five.
The Peyton-Manning led Broncos received 14-percent of the vote when individuals were asked to name their favorite team, with the Cowboys a close second at 12-percent.
Another result of the poll: 71-percent of individuals do not believe the Washington Redskins should change their name.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- UPS Calls In 2,600 Extra Workers After Holiday Delivery Delays
- Tony Romo’s Injury Might Cost Dallas Cowboys Coaching Staff Their Jobs
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- Deceased Teen Suspect Identified
- Victim Identified In Fatal Fort Worth Office Stabbing
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures