ARLINGTON (AP) – Josh Hagins hit a jump shot as time expired to give Arkansas-Little Rock a 72-70 Sun Belt Conference victory over Texas-Arlington Saturday night.
UALR (7-7, 2-0) led throughout the final period until UT-Arlington (5-9, 0-2) tied the game at 70 when Brandon Edwards made two free throws with 31 seconds remaining.
Will Neighbour led the Trojans with 17 points and 10 rebounds. James White contributed 18 points, Hagins and Ben Dillard both had 10.
UALR led by as much as 11 before the Mavericks had an 11-1 run to tie the game at 33 at the half. The Trojans led 67-58 with 3:39 remaining following a Devonte Smith jumper. UTA then went on a 12-3 run to pull even at 70.
Lonnie McClanahan led the Mavericks with 17 points. Brandon Edwards had 14 points and nine rebounds and Reger Dowell contributed 13.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- UPS Calls In 2,600 Extra Workers After Holiday Delivery Delays
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- Deceased Teen Suspect Identified
- Victim Identified In Fatal Fort Worth Office Stabbing
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures