FORT WORTH (AP) – Eron Harris scored 22 points, Juwan Staten added 15 and West Virginia beat TCU 74-69 in the Big 12 opener for both teams Saturday.
Harris, the league’s leading scorer, was 4 of 5 from 3-point range and the Mountaineers (9-5) improved to 3-0 against the Horned Frogs since both schools joined the Big 12 last season.
Amric Fields had a season-high 22 to the lead TCU (9-4) in his first Big 12 game. He missed most of the last season with a major knee injury that kept him out of the first three games this season. He recently returned from a four-game absence because of a broken left hand.
Brandon Parrish scored 18 points and had four 3-pointers, including one to get TCU within two with 3:06 remaining.
Kyan Anderson, TCU’s leading scorer, finished with 12 points before fouling out with 6:26 remaining.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- UPS Calls In 2,600 Extra Workers After Holiday Delivery Delays
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- Deceased Teen Suspect Identified
- Victim Identified In Fatal Fort Worth Office Stabbing
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures