Swimmers Take Icy Plunge For Charity
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Plummeting temperatures didn’t stop Hypnotic Donuts from holding its second annual Polar Plunge Sunday.
“It was great. I kinda want to do it again… but I’m not going to,” said one swimmer.
Benevolent participants threw on their swimsuits and dove into a chilly pool at the pay-to-play fundraiser in Dallas. The raised $810 for North Texas Food Bank.
The artisan donut shop’s general manager came up with the idea, according to the eatery’s Facebook page.
The next Polar Plunge will take place the first Sunday of 2015.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- UPS Calls In 2,600 Extra Workers After Holiday Delivery Delays
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- Deceased Teen Suspect Identified
- Victim Identified In Fatal Fort Worth Office Stabbing
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures