Watauga Knife Wielding Attacker Dies
WATAUGA (CBSDFW.COM) - The suspect shot by police in Watauga after he allegedly assaulted two women with a knife Friday has died.
Brandon Lee Melton, 25, of Mesquite was observed by officers stabbing the women, according to Watauga police Sgt. Jason Babcock. An officer opened fire on Melton to stop the attack. He was taken to John Peter Smith Hospital where he died at ten till midnight Saturday.
Melton spent time in a juvenile detention facility 10 years ago, was arrested for unlawfully carrying a weapon in March 2007, unlawfully carrying a weapon again in Sept. of 2007, and was arrested on a drug charge in 2008.
The officer involved in the shooting has been placed on administrative leave, as per protocol.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- UPS Calls In 2,600 Extra Workers After Holiday Delivery Delays
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- Deceased Teen Suspect Identified
- Victim Identified In Fatal Fort Worth Office Stabbing
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures