Chevrolet Vehicles To Get AT&T 4G Technology
LAS VEGAS (AP) – GM says it will start outfitting most Chevrolet vehicles with 4G cellular capabilities in partnership with AT&T. The technology will let drivers make phone calls and allow passengers to surf the Web without burning through the voice and data limits on their phone plans.
General Motors Co. said at the International CES gadget show Sunday that the 2015 model year Chevrolet Corvette, Impala, Malibu and Volt will be the first to come equipped with the capabilities this year, followed by the Equinox, Silverado, Silverado HD, Spark and Spark EV.
While the hardware will be standard, pricing plans have yet to be announced.
The cellular capability will be integrated with GM’s OnStar roadside assistance service. OnStar currently costs upward of $199 a year and has more than 6 million subscribers.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- UPS Calls In 2,600 Extra Workers After Holiday Delivery Delays
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- Deceased Teen Suspect Identified
- Victim Identified In Fatal Fort Worth Office Stabbing
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures