Crews Battle Grand Prairie House Fire
Get Breaking News First
GRAND PRAIRIE (CBSDFW.COM) - Emergency crews in Grand Prairie battled a stubborn house fire on Monday morning. The incident started just after 4:00 a.m. in the 1800 block of Northwest Dallas Street, near Northwest 18th Street.
Firefighters arrived on the scene to find flames shooting through the roof of the building. Officials said that seven people were inside of the home at the time of the fire, and all managed to get outside safely. However, two adults and two children were taken to a nearby hospital for smoke inhalation, strictly as a precaution.
The Metroplex saw temperatures below 20 degrees on Monday morning, and the cold weather made battling this fire much harder for crews on the scene. First, they were shooting water into temperatures which were well below freezing. This created a slick surfaces for the firefighters, and several people slipped and fell around the home.
But another problem plagued emergency crews on Monday morning. Water vapor in the air was freezing up pieces of their breathing devices, and firefighters were having to stop and change out their equipment frequently.
- UPS Calls In 2,600 Extra Workers After Holiday Delivery Delays
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- Deceased Teen Suspect Identified
- Victim Identified In Fatal Fort Worth Office Stabbing
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures