KILLEEN (AP) – Police in Central Texas say a man has shot and killed his brother after mistaking him for a burglar attempting to enter his home late at night.
Killeen police said Monday that 32-year-old Terry Lee Moon Jr. was found in the back yard of the home early Sunday morning with a gunshot wound. He was taken to a hospital where he died.
Police say Moon lived with his brother and had told him earlier that he was leaving and would not return that night.
But Moon decided to return home and was unable to unlock the front door because a deadbolt was used to secure it. Moon attempted to enter the home through his brother’s bedroom window.
The unidentified brother thought a burglar was entering and fired a single shot.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- UPS Calls In 2,600 Extra Workers After Holiday Delivery Delays
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- Deceased Teen Suspect Identified
- Victim Identified In Fatal Fort Worth Office Stabbing
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures