Apple: Consumers Spent $10B In App Store In 2013
Get Breaking News First
NEW YORK (AP) — Apple says people spent more than $10 billion in its app store last year, on apps such as “Minecraft,” ”Angry Birds Star Wars” and “Sleep Cycle” alarm clock.
December was the most successful month in the store’s history, as customers spent $1 billion that month. Apple says the year’s total was also a record.
There are more than a million apps available in the app store for the iPhone, the iPad and the iPod Touch. Besides games, there are newspapers, magazines, travel, business and health and fitness apps, among others.
Apple launched the app store in 2008, a year after the iPhone with 500 apps.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- UPS Calls In 2,600 Extra Workers After Holiday Delivery Delays
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- Deceased Teen Suspect Identified
- Victim Identified In Fatal Fort Worth Office Stabbing
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures