FRISCO (CBSDFW.COM) — A Frisco father who lost his son because of a designer drug is taking his fight against drugs all the way to Washington, D.C.
Eric Brown is devastated over the loss of his 15-year old son, Montana Sean Brown. Brown says his son died from a designer hallucinogen drug that is similar to LSD.
According to Brown, his son — along with his 20- and 16-year-old brothers and a family friend — tried to get hallucinogenic mushrooms while the parents were out of town. When they failed, they procured marijuana and a drug believed to be LSD.
After using the drugs, the three boys immediately felt the effects and were hospitalized. Montana died just an hour later.
“He was so full of life. He had so much to live for,” said father Eric.
Frisco Police are still waiting toxocology results to determine the exact cause of the teen’s death.
Eric is hoping to teach parents and teens about the dangers of the drugs and is doing so on a Facebook page called Montana Sean Brown.
Now, he’s heading to D.C. to help Congress form potential legislation to address the availability of such drugs.
“I’ve been asked to come with another group of parents to talk to some Senators individually about what we would like the amendment to be.”
No arrests have been made in connection with the incident.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- UPS Calls In 2,600 Extra Workers After Holiday Delivery Delays
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- Deceased Teen Suspect Identified
- Victim Identified In Fatal Fort Worth Office Stabbing
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures