ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) – The Texas Rangers have changed managers for their top three minor league teams, with former major league third baseman Steve Buechele moving up to Triple-A Round Rock from Double-A Frisco.
Buechele replaces longtime Triple-A manager Bobby Jones, who is now a coach on the Rangers’ major league staff. Buechele spent four seasons at Frisco, leading the RoughRiders to the playoffs three times.
Jason Wood takes over as manager at Frisco after being the Carolina League manager of the year with Class-A Myrtle Beach. Joe Mikulik returns to a managerial role in the Rangers organization, at Myrtle Beach, after being a roving outfield instructor last season.
Scott Coolbaugh has been promotion from Triple-A hitting coach to hitting coordinator. Brook Jacoby will be the assistant hitting coordinator.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- UPS Calls In 2,600 Extra Workers After Holiday Delivery Delays
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- Deceased Teen Suspect Identified
- Victim Identified In Fatal Fort Worth Office Stabbing
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures