Vegas Mayor Makes Good On UNT Bet
Sports Fan Insider
LAS VEGAS (AP) - Las Vegas Mayor Carolyn Goodman is making good on a bet with the mayor of Denton, after UNLV lost a bowl game last week.
Goodman will sport a University of North Texas T-shirt at a Wednesday morning City Council meeting. She’s already paid $100 to the UNT athletic department.
Goodman had made a bet with Denton Mayor Mark Burroughs when their respective teams squared off in the Heart of Dallas Bowl on New Year’s Day. The loser would wear the winning team’s shirt to a council meeting.
The Mean Green beat the Rebels 36-14.
The matchup at Cotton Bowl Stadium was UNLV’s first bowl game since 2000. UNT was playing in the postseason for the first time since 2004.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- UPS Calls In 2,600 Extra Workers After Holiday Delivery Delays
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- Deceased Teen Suspect Identified
- Victim Identified In Fatal Fort Worth Office Stabbing
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures