FORT WORTH (KRLD) — Construction on the world’s largest high definition video screen is attracting all kinds of attention at Texas Motor Speedway.
The video billboard, known as “Big Hoss TV”, has a website where fans can track progress on construction of the the 12-story, 218-foot wide screen. Viewers — online and from the air — can see the enormous steel-beam skeleton being built over the next three weeks.
“Pilots that are making an approach from the west into DFW will point out to passengers, that if you look off to the right side of your airplane, you’ll see Big Hoss — the world’s largest television screen,” said Eddie Gossage, President of Texas Motor Speedway.
Gossage says that once the frame is in place, the work will begin on installing over 14 million LED lamps.
The project is scheduled to finish on March 1, with the official unveiling during the Texas 500 NASCAR doubleheader race week, April 3-6.
Click Here to watch the live video feed of the project.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- UPS Calls In 2,600 Extra Workers After Holiday Delivery Delays
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- Deceased Teen Suspect Identified
- Victim Identified In Fatal Fort Worth Office Stabbing
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures