DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — A Dallas jury has found a 76-year-old man guilty of capital murder for the shooting deaths of two neighbors in a dispute over dog waste.
Chung Kim was convicted Thursday and faces an automatic sentence of life in prison for the killings of Michelle Jackson and boyfriend Jamie Stafford, a couple that lived above him at a northwest Dallas apartment complex.
Prosecutors say Kim shot Jackson as she stood on her apartment balcony in February. He then went upstairs to her apartment and shot and killed Stafford.
Kim has said the couple’s dog would use the balcony as a bathroom and when the neighbors washed it, the urine and feces would stream down to his balcony.
The neighbors apparently had a long-standing dispute over dog droppings.
He’s insisted the shooting of Stafford was in self-defense. He’s also said he doesn’t remember shooting Jackson but he could have suffered a blackout.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- UPS Calls In 2,600 Extra Workers After Holiday Delivery Delays
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- Deceased Teen Suspect Identified
- Victim Identified In Fatal Fort Worth Office Stabbing
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures