Pier 1 Imports Sales Disappoint
Get Breaking News First
FORT WORTH (AP) - Sales at Pier 1 Imports Inc. open at least a year rose 1.3 percent for the five weeks ended Jan. 4, but the figure dropped when accounting for a calendar shift.
The Fort Worth-based home decor company on Thursday cut its fiscal fourth-quarter and full-year earnings forecasts, citing a disappointing December performance.
Pier 1 said that there was an extra week in fiscal 2013. Prior to adjusting for the calendar shift, Pier 1 said that sales at stores open at least a year fell 5.7 percent in fiscal December, compared with an 8.2 percent increase for the prior-year period.
For the fiscal fourth quarter, Pier 1 expects earnings between 47 cents and 52 cents per share. The retailer now foresees fiscal 2014 earnings between $1.07 and $1.12 per share.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- UPS Calls In 2,600 Extra Workers After Holiday Delivery Delays
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- Deceased Teen Suspect Identified
- Victim Identified In Fatal Fort Worth Office Stabbing
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures