Sims Nets 48 As Baylor Tops West Virginia
Sports Fan Insider
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (AP) - Odyssey Sims scored a career-high 48 points and set a Baylor record for career 3-pointers in leading the seventh-ranked Bears to a 78-62 victory over West Virginia on Wednesday night.
Baylor (13-1, 3-0 Big 12) never trailed but had trouble putting away the Mountaineers until late after jumping ahead 40-25 at halftime.
Sims had a career-high 10 rebounds for her second double-double of the season. Nina Davis added 12 points for Baylor.
Asya Bussie scored 17 points for West Virginia (13-2, 2-1), which saw its 13-game winning streak snapped.
Sims made six 3-pointers and has 201 for her career. Jennifer King held the previous school record of 195 from 1989-93.
Sims, the nation’s leading scorer at 30.8 points per game, is averaging 39 over the first three Big 12 games. She eclipsed the 47 points she scored against Kentucky on Dec. 6.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- UPS Calls In 2,600 Extra Workers After Holiday Delivery Delays
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- Deceased Teen Suspect Identified
- Victim Identified In Fatal Fort Worth Office Stabbing
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures