Texas A&M Pushes Past Arkansas 69-53
Sports Fan Insider
COLLEGE STATION (AP) - Texas A&M freshman Davonte Fitzgerald led the way with 17 points as the Aggies toppled Arkansas 69-53 in Reed Arena in the teams’ Southeastern Conference opener.
A&M (10-4) entered the contest shooting 29.9 percent from the 3-point line, but finished 7 of 17 (41.2 percent) against the Razorbacks (11-3) in an unusual display of collective hot hands from the outside. Meanwhile the Aggies’ defense held Arkansas to 4 of 19 percent (21.1 percent) from the 3-point line.
Fabyon Harris and Jamal Jones chipped in 15 and 14 points, respectively, for the Aggies, while Rashad Madden led the Razorbacks with a dozen points. The Razorbacks’ leading scorer entering the game, Mike Qualls, was held to two points in making 1 of 12 shots from the field.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- UPS Calls In 2,600 Extra Workers After Holiday Delivery Delays
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- Deceased Teen Suspect Identified
- Victim Identified In Fatal Fort Worth Office Stabbing
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures