BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) – Courtney Williams led Texas A&M with 17 points as the Aggies climbed back in the final 40 seconds to beat No. 12 LSU 52-48 in Southeastern Conference play on Thursday night.
LSU went ahead for the first time in the second half at 36-34 with 8:19 left to play and led until Texas A&M’s Jordan Jones made a layup to tie the game with 1:08 left to play. A jumper and two free throws later put the Aggies (12-4, 2-0) up by three with 17 seconds remaining. LSU cut A&M’s lead to one point with 14 seconds to go after Raigyne Moncrief scored on an assist from Theresa Plaisance.
The Lady Tigers (12-3, 1-1) turned the ball over on their final possession.
Williams, A&M’s leading scorer, fouled out with 5:28 to play.
Plaisance led the Lady Tigers with 16 points, and has scored 10-plus points in the last five games.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- UPS Calls In 2,600 Extra Workers After Holiday Delivery Delays
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- Deceased Teen Suspect Identified
- Victim Identified In Fatal Fort Worth Office Stabbing
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures