Hotel Death Prompts Nationwide Petition
Get Breaking News First
DALLAS (AP) - Hank Hunt tried to reassure his granddaughter after she tried to call 911 from a hotel during an attack that left her mother dead, but didn’t know to dial 9 first.
Now, the Texas grandfather has launched a national push to require hotels and other businesses to do away with dialing anything before calling 911.
So far, an online petition for a federal law has gotten 390,000 signatures, and one 911 advocacy group says Hunt has hit on a perhaps under-documented issue.
Hunt says the petition has exceeded his wildest expectations.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- UPS Calls In 2,600 Extra Workers After Holiday Delivery Delays
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- Deceased Teen Suspect Identified
- Victim Identified In Fatal Fort Worth Office Stabbing
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures