DENTON (AP) – Michael Craig scored 21 points and was 7 of 7 from the free-throw line Thursday night as Southern Miss beat North Texas 74-64 in the Conference USA opener for both teams.
Southern Miss (14-2) jumped to a 10-2 lead and never trailed, taking a 39-25 lead into halftime by outshooting North Texas (9-6) 63.6 percent to 34.8 percent. Craig scored 11 points in the half on 4-of-7 shooting from the field.
North Texas closed to within three points with 10:34 to play in the second half on a layup by Vertrail Vaughns, but Southern Miss scored 11 unanswered points to remain in control and snap a four-game winning streak for the Mean Green.
Daveon Boardingham scored 11 points for the Golden Eagles, including 7 of 7 free throws, and Deonte Houston added 10 points.
Jordan Williams led the Mean Green with 17 points and Maurice Aniefiok finished with 12.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- UPS Calls In 2,600 Extra Workers After Holiday Delivery Delays
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- Deceased Teen Suspect Identified
- Victim Identified In Fatal Fort Worth Office Stabbing
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures