Tanaka In US To Meet With Major League Teams
Rangers CentralShop for Rangers Gear
Buy Rangers Tickets
Sports Fan Insider
NEW YORK (AP) – Free agent Japanese pitcher Masahiro Tanaka has arrived in the United States to meet with major league teams.
Big league clubs have until 5 p.m. on Jan. 24 to sign the star 25-year-old right-hander.
Tanaka was 24-0 with a 1.27 ERA last year for the Japan Series champion Rakuten Golden Eagles, who made him available under the new posting system.
He is being represented by agent Casey Close and plans to have a physical in the U.S. that can be reviewed by major league teams.
Under the new posting system, the fee payable to the Japanese club is capped at $20 million and the player can negotiate with all big league teams willing to pay the posting amount.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- UPS Calls In 2,600 Extra Workers After Holiday Delivery Delays
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- Deceased Teen Suspect Identified
- Victim Identified In Fatal Fort Worth Office Stabbing
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures